This is usually caused by the Player Snips Script not fully being installed. You can try reinstalling Player Snips Premium from the main site or also you can try adding this code to your Site Footer Code settings page.
<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/robgalvinco/player-snippets@latest/js/kapow-snips.js" async></script>
Player Snips by default is intended to help you enhance the "course player" experience. This is what your student sees when they are watching your course. If you want to display Player Snips on a Site Page (ex: home page, a course page, etc), then you need to use this with Site Page Templates and follow these directions:
- 3.In another browser, open the Site Page you wish to add the Player Snip to. This could be a course page, home page, or any page you want (not the course lesson page)
- Add Site Page Templates core section to the this page
- Add Player Snips Page Snip section to the page
- From your first tab, click the copy snip button (like you would normally)
- In the second tab, open the Player Snip settings group and paste the code
- You can then use the common Site Page Template settings to control the section background, padding, etc
When you are using any text options inside your course curriculum and you want an easier way to make it look better. We have created a library of copy and paste fill-in-the-blank design snippets for you to use.
You can also add some fun effects like confetti, emojis or even sound effects when lessons are started or completed
Personalized Popups can be configured to automatically show when specific lessons are started or completed. They can play a sound on entry and also auto close after a confugured amount of time. Popups can also be clickable to an external page when a call to action is required.
- Callouts to bring attention to important things like "what you will learn in this lesson"
- Banners and calls to action that can be used for various reasons
- Richer formatting of lists of downloads or resources
- Image galleries
- Complete text lessons with richly designed layouts
- Quick responsive layout options
- Change the lessons formatting quickly ex: expanding the default width of the content area
No, although your eyes will see "code", you do not have to be technical to use this. You will be using the built in Site Builder to create your player snips without having to modify any code. Then you will simply copy and paste the Player Snip into your course lessons. Each PlayerSnip comes with step by step instructions for the specific details that may be associated with the Player Snip. We also feel that this process is waaaaay less frustrating than using the standard editor that you have been using.
All Player Snips are meant to be placed inside of your course curriculum. They are not meant to be used on your Site Pages. Here are some usage notes for each lesson type
- Video Lessons - All Player Snip types are fully supported for video lessons and are to be placed inside the code view of the Text settings of the video lesson.
- Text Lessons - All Player Snip types are fully supported for Text lessons and are to be placed inside the code view of the Text setting.
- Audio Lessons - All Player Snip types are fully supported for audio lessons and are to be placed inside the code view of the Text settings of the audio lesson.
- Download Lessons - All Player Snip types are fully supported for download lessons and are to be placed inside the code view of the Text settings of the download lesson.
- Quiz & Survey Lessons:
- Content snips are fully supported and are to be placed inside the code view of the text area of the Question and Answer settings.
- Effects and Popups snips with a lesson complete trigger are also supported.
- Effects and Popups for lesson start triggers are supported for the first question only.
- Layout Player Snips are not fully supported
- Assignment Lessons -
- Content snips are fully supported and are to be placed inside the code view of the text area of assignment instructions.
- Effects and Popups for lesson start triggers are supported when placed inside the code view of the text area of assignment instructions.
- Effects and Popups snips with a lesson complete trigger are not supported.
- Layout Player Snips are not fully supported
- PDF, Presentation, Multimedia, Live and Exam lessons are not supported with Player Snips
Yes, you can stack any combination of Player Snips to create the perfect design you are looking to achieve. We really love stacking content snips with effects and popups.
The library of Player Snips initially became available with over 30 Player Snips. We will regularly being adding new Player Snips and capabilities. As long you have access to Player Snips, you will have access to any Player Snip we release.
The placeholders are easy to replace. All editing is done inside of Site Builder just like how you would edit a page. You will not have to touch any code. All code that is used inside the course lesson is automatically generated for you. After using Site Builder, you will then simply copy and paste into your course lesson.
What we recommend is that you create a new lesson in "draft" mode until you have it completed. Then you can switch the new lesson to live mode and either the delete the older version of the lesson or put that one in draft mode
Yes, all of the Player Snips are automatically mobile friendly and will adapt to various display sizes. There is nothing for you to do here.
In Player Snips that have buttons, checklists, icons and accent colors, we automatically use the "brand" color that you have set for the course. It will be the same coloring that is used for the Complete and Continue button. In some cases we use multiple accent colors and the secondary accent colors use an opacity level or your main color (which lightens your colors on a white background and darkens your color on a dark mode player).
If you would like to change the color scheme used, you can change the color mode for that Player Snip and fully customize the perfect color combination.
Yes, Player Snips works with both Light and Dark mode course player themes