Getting Started With Player Snips
You will not see how the player looks from the curriculum preview page. You must view the snippet from the course player. If you are adding or changing existing lessons on a live course, you may want to keep the lesson in draft mode until you are happy with all of your changes and then turn off draft mode to make the lesson available to your students
- Make sure you have Player Snips and Player Snips Premium apps installed by checking your Apps page on your Thinkific site. If you only have the Free collection, then you will only see "Player Snips" app listed
- Create a custom page inside your site that will be used as your own personal library of Player Snips
- Go to
Design your Site / Site Pages: yoursite.thinkific.com/manage/site_pages
"New Custom Page"
- Enter a name for the page that you will remember. For example: My Player Snips
- Remove the default Banner section on the page
- Change the page permissions so that only you can view the page
- Click on the
- Change the
Who can see this page?setting to "Only Me"
- Add a section and search for Player Snips Builder
- Add a Player Snip section to the page by searching for
Player Snips. To quickly filter the list for certain types of Player Snips, search for the following
- Go into the individual Player Snip section settings and change the options based on your preferences. Each Player Snip will come with a different set of configuration options.
- Hover over the Player Snip to access the actions available for that snip. For snips that are not visible (like popups or effects), you will be able to trigger the snip using the action buttons so you can preview how it will look. There is also an action button that will take you to the snip's user guide.
- When you are satisfied with how your Player Snip looks or behaves, then hover over the Player Snip and click on the
Copy Player Snipbutton
- Go into a text setting inside your course curriculum (Text Lessons, Text Under Video, etc)
- Put your cursor in the position that you wish to place the Player Snip and then go into the code view mode by clicking on the
- Get out of code view and save the lesson
- Preview the current lesson inside the course player